I can’t believe how quickly June has flown by and it’s lovely to see that summer has finally arrived and we’ve had a few days of glorious sunshine up here in North Wales.
I’ve taken a little break from sunning myself in the garden to launch July’s #FoodYearLinkup.
Before I get going with this month’s linkup I wanted to share my favourite post from June’s #FoodYearLinkup…
One of my favourite events from June was the Free From Feast. I’ve never really attempted any “free from” baking so it was lovely to browse through the recipes linked up and see how they’ve been adapted to suit those with food allergies and intolerances. My favourite “free from” recipe was this Mediterranean Summer Tart by The Gluten Free Alchemist. It’s one I definitely want to try in future.
So what’s the theme this month?
As always, I’d love you to come and link up any foodie posts relating to the events in the Food Blogger’s Calendar for July.
After being spoilt for choice over the past few months it seems as though foodie days take a bit of a summer holiday in July and August. However, there’s definitely a few interesting events here that will hopefully get your creative juices flowing. I’m a huge fan of cherries so I’ll be sharing a couple of cherry recipes and I’ve got my thinking cap on to see if I can come up with anything crazy enough to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland.
1 June – 31 August – Strawberry Tea – Breast Cancer Care
29 June-12 July – Wimbledon Fortnight
July (unknown day) – 150th Anniversary of the publication of Alice in Wonderland
14 July – French National Day
16 July – National Cherry Day
If there’s an event missing from the calendar that you’d like to link up a post for, that’s absolutely fine, just make sure you let me know what the event is in the comments.
To join in with the #FoodYearLinkup…
- Click the “add your link” button and add your link with a nice picture to entice everyone to come and have a look.
- Add the #FoodYearLinkup badge to your post so your readers know where to come to find lots of other fun foodie posts (you’ll find the code towards the bottom of this post).
- To make my life easier I’d appreciate it if you could leave me a quick comment letting me know which event you’re linking up for (it helps me to tweet them at the right time).
- Join me in visiting the other linkers make sure you comment on at least one (I’m more than happy for you to link up several posts but if you do it would be great if you would go and comment on one other post for each one you link).
- Come back again next month and do it all again.
Throughout the month I’ll be tweeting every entry and if you tweet me (@CharlottesLK) using the #FoodYearLinkup hashtag to let me know you’ve linked up I’ll make sure I include you in the tweet. I’ll also be pinning every entry on my dedicated #FoodYearLinkup board and may include my favourites in round up posts for a selection of events throughout the year. The tweets and round up posts may also include images from your post. If you’d rather they didn’t then just let me know in the comments.
So what are you waiting for? Link up up right here…
Linkup Badge Code
To add the #FoodYearLinkup badge to your post, simply copy the code below into the text editor of your post (any problems, let me know and I’ll do my best to help).
Before I go…
I’ve been busy adding events into the calendar so make sure you take a look and see what’s new.