These Baileys cupcakes are so simple to make there’s really no excuse not to. Perfect topped with Baileys buttercream and perhaps a hidden Baileys truffle centre too!
Over the past few weeks I’ve been sharing a wider variety of different recipes on my Facebook page, some of mine and some others that I’ve discovered that I think you’ll all like. I’ve noticed a definite theme over there and that is that you all seem to love bakes with alcohol in. Gin seems to be a popular choice, along with Prosecco and of course, Baileys. As Baileys is one of my favourite drinks (it’s just so yummy and creamy) I thought I’d have a go at creating my own delicious cake with it featuring as the main ingredient.
Yesterday I shared my recipe for delicious Baileys buttercream and I promised at the time that I’d be back to share the recipe for the Baileys cupcakes hidden underneath, and here it is!
These cupcakes are surprisingly simple to make. All you need to do is pop all the ingredients into a bowl, mix them up and bake them. There’s really no excuse not to make them, and you can always have a sneaky glass of Baileys as a reward for all your hard work while they’re in the oven (I do! 🙂 ).
These cupcakes are perfect topped with the Baileys buttercream, but if you fancy a really indulgent treat then you could add a hidden Baileys ganache centre. To make it you’d need to follow the quick and easy version of my Baileys truffles recipe (using a ¼ of the ingredients listed). Once you’ve made the ganache, simple scoop out the middle of the cupcake with a teaspoon and add a spoonful of the ganache. Once it’s filled simply top it with the buttercream – yum!
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 165g self-raising flour
- 165g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 165g butter or soft margarine
- 135ml Baileys Irish Cream
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 12 cupcake cases
If you’d like to top them with Baileys buttercream you can find the recipe here or if you fancy trying something a bit different then you can find all of my buttercream recipes in my mix-and-match cupcake index.
- Pre-heat your oven to 160ºC/140ºC fan.
- Place your cupcake cases into a muffin tin.
- Sift the self-raising flour (165g) into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (3 medium eggs, 165g soft margarine, 165g caster sugar, ⅛ tsp salt and 135ml Baileys) and mix until fully combined (either by hand or using an electric mixer on a low speed).
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases (I use a cupcake scoop to help split it evenly).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave the cupcakes to cool in their tins for about 10 minutes and then move them to a wire rack to cool fully before decorating.
Calories: 243 kcal (12%), Fat: 12.5g (18%), Saturated Fat: 3.8g (19%), Carbohydrates: 26.3g (10%), Sugar: 16.4g (18%), Fibre: 0.4g (2%), Protein: 3.3g (7%), Salt: 0.4g (7%)
This is the estimated nutritional information per cake (excludes the icing). Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you want to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
- Suitable for Vegetarians
The ingredients for this recipe are easily available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.