A delicious and easy to make no-bake chocolate cheesecake. A crunchy biscuit base topped with smooth, creamy and indulgent chocolate.
As promised when I shared my Easy Chocolate Brownies recipe last week, I’m back with another classic recipe… Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake. It’s got a crunchy digestive biscuit base topped with smooth, creamy and indulgent chocolate. Even better, it’s easy to make too.
Whilst it’s no bake, you still need to leave plenty of time to make it so it has time to set properly in the fridge. If you need to speed that process up a bit then you could pop it into the freezer instead.
How to crush the biscuits for your cheesecake base
Jon and I had a bit of a disagreement about how crushed the biscuits should be for the base. He prefers them to be quite finely crushed so you get a really firm base once the crumbs are mixed with melted butter. I prefer them to be a little more chunky so that the base is a little more crumbly and has more of a crunch.
If you prefer finely crushed biscuits then I’d recommend using a blender or food processor. I blitzed mine for this cheesecake in my Kitchen Aid using the pulse function to ensure that they weren’t too finely ground. You would get a similar result using a spice grinder, although as they are small in size you’ll probably need to blitz the biscuits in batches.
If you prefer your biscuits a little less finely ground (like me) or don’t have a blender then you can also use a pestle and mortar, or pop your biscuits into a bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 100 g digestive biscuits 8 biscuits
- 40 g butter
- 250 g cream cheese
- 120 g caster sugar
- 175 g milk chocolate choose something from the baking aisle rather than the sweet aisle in the supermarket as this is easier to melt
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 150 ml double cream
- Line the base of an 18cm round loose bottomed tin with greaseproof paper or a reusable baking liner (I use these).
- Crush the digestive biscuits (100g, there's a list of different ways this can be done above the recipe). Melt your butter (40g) and mix it with the crushed biscuits. Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter. Put the biscuit mix into the prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to push it flat. Put the tin into the fridge to chill while you make the topping.
- Melt the milk chocolate (175g). I melt mine in a saucepan over a very low heat, but you can also use a bain marie or the microwave in 20 second bursts if you prefer. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese (250g) and caster sugar (120g).
- In a different bowl whisk the double cream (150ml) until it forms soft peaks. Add the melted chocolate and beat in. Sift in the cocoa powder (20g) and mix well until combined. Add the cream cheese mixture and fold together until everything is fully combined.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and add the cheesecake mixture. Use a small palette knife or the back of a spoon to smooth the top (you'll need to push it down to avoid air bubbles before smoothing).
- Refrigerate until the cheesecake has set (at least a couple of hours but preferably longer if you can).
- When you're ready to serve carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin. If you find the edges have become a little smudged by the movement run a palette knife around the edge to smooth them again.
- Serve. I've served mine topped with some dark and white chocolate shavings made by running a peeler along the side of a block of chocolate.
NotesIn addition to the preparation time specified at the start of the recipe you also need to allow a couple of hours for the cheesecake to set before serving. Have you tried this recipe? Please leave a comment and rating at the bottom of the page to let others know what you thought.
Free From/Suitable For…
The ingredients I used to make this recipe are all free from the following allergens. However, please check any labels carefully for allergens you need to avoid as brands can vary and product recipes can change over time.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Tree Nut-Free
- Sulphur Dioxide & Sulphite-Free