Gennaro Contaldo’s delicious recipe for tagliatelle with a quick and easy wild mushroom and garlic sauce. Ready in just 15 minutes so perfect for a quick mid-week dinner and under 250 calories a serving.
Today I’m not sharing my own recipe but one from Gennaro Contaldo – delicious wild mushroom and garlic tagliatelle. It’s one of several pasta and risotto recipes you can find over on the Bertolli website and it’s made using Bertolli with Butter which gives you the goodness of olive oil whist adding in a buttery taste (and it’s lower in saturated fat than just butter alone too 🙂 ).
There’s a few things I really love about this recipe. Firstly it’s quite mix and match with the mushrooms, so you can use whatever you can get hold of (or find in your local field if you’re feeling adventurous – I wasn’t, I’m not even brave enough to go blackberry picking!). My local supermarket has a great range of mushrooms despite not being particularly big, so you should be able to get hold of something delicious without any trouble.
Another thing I love was that it’s really quick to make – just 15 minutes from start to finish so perfect for a quick mid-week dinner. It’s also under 250 calories per serving (unless you completely smother it in cheese that is!) so perfect if you’re trying to be good.
I’ve also been using the Bertolli with Butter to make some of my hasselback potatoes (which are a great accompaniment to all sorts of dinners). They’re usually made using a combination of butter and olive oil, but replacing these two with Bertolli with Butter gives the same lovely flavour with less fuss and fewer calories.
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
Gennaro Contaldo's Wild Mushroom and Garlic Tagliatelle
- 400 g tagliatelle - fresh or dried
- 50 g Bertolli with Butter - + a little extra for adding at the end
- 4 cloves of garlic - a little tweak from Gennaro's original recipe which calls for 2, I just like it a bit more garlicky :- )
- ½ red chilli - optional
- 400 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 120 ml hot vegetable stock
- Small bunch of flat leave parsley
- Manchego cheese - optional - I like to finish mine off with some freshly grated cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, season with salt and add the tagliatelle. Cook according to the packet instructions.
- Finely shop the garlic (2-4 cloves) and chilli (½ chilli - if using). Roughly chop the wild mushrooms (400g) and parsley.
- Heat the Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, then add the garlic and chilli. Cook on a low heat for about 4 minutes, until softened.
- Increase the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for a minute.
- Add the hot vegetable stock (120ml) and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat until the mushroom are cooked through and the liquid has reduced a little.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce with an extra knob of Bertolli with Butter.
- Serve immediately.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Egg-Free (if using dried pasta)
Can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and stock cubes.
The ingredients for this recipe are commonly available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.