Cool down this summer with this easy to make no-churn mojito ice cream flavoured with lime, mint and plenty of rum.
A few weeks ago I shared my recipe for Churro Taco Bowls with Mexican Hot Chocolate and Margarita Ice Creams. During the recipe creation process I got temporarily muddled with my countries and also made some Mojito ice cream (mojito is Cuban and I was trying to create recipes with Mexican flavours). Whilst being Cuban inspired it wasn’t right for that particular recipe, it was too nice not to share, so here it is!
I have to say that I’m really quite taken with the idea of no-churn ice cream, and in particular recreating some of my favourite cocktails in ice-cream form. I’m not a particularly big drinker, but there’s something I find hugely appealing about ice-cream cocktails (I’m also quite a fan of milkshake cocktails too) and I’ve got quite a list of different flavours to try. What do you think I should try next? I’m thinking I’ll probably go for my all time favourite cocktail – a White Russian, can you just imagine ice cream flavoured with coffee, vodka and Bailey’s?
Anyway, back to this one, it’s really simple to make and using a combination of condensed milk and whipped cream as the base means that it’ll freeze perfectly (no annoying ice chunks) without needed to stir it every few minutes or an ice-cream maker. It’s flavoured with the classic mojito ingredients of lime (I use both the juice and zest for extra flavour), fresh mint, and plenty of rum. I started by adding a shot or two to the mix and ended up using 150ml – well you might as well taste it otherwise what’s the point of it being there!
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
No-Churn Mojito Ice Cream
- 400 g can condensed milk
- 500 ml double cream
- 150 ml white rum
- 4 limes
- A generous handful of fresh mint leaves - about 15g of leaves
- Put the condensed milk (1 can) and double cream (500ml) into a large bowl and whip until they form a stiff peak (easiest if you have an electric mixer) .
- While the condensed milk and cream are whipping, grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 4 limes and finely chop the mint leaves (keep checking on the mixer and stop it once it's done).
- Gradually add the white rum (150ml) and lime juice, add no more than 2 tbsp at a time and ensure each addition is fully combined before adding the next. Next add the lime zest and chopped mint and stir to combine.
- Pour into a freezer proof container and freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
The ingredients I used to make this recipe are all free from the following allergens. However, please check any labels carefully for allergens you need to avoid as brands can vary and product recipes can change over time.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Tree Nut-Free
- Sulphur Dioxide & Sulphite-Free