All the flavour of peanut butter in a smooth buttercream – perfect for piping onto cupcakes, covering layer cakes, or filling biscuits and macarons.
It’s been a little while since I added to my cupcakes and icing collection so I thought it was about time I created another new flavour – Peanut Buttercream.
Firstly a big thank you to everyone on twitter who helped me name this recipe. I was torn between Peanut Butter Buttercream (which I guess is really what it is, but it’s a bit of a mouthful to say) and Peanut Buttercream (which is much less of a tongue twister). The votes were pretty close but Peanut Buttercream was the winner.
The flavour of the peanut buttercream with taste of the chocolate cupcakes I piped it onto (get the recipe for those here) reminded me a lot of a Snickers bar, so my next job is going to be turning these into some yummy Snickers cupcakes. Keep your eyes peeled for those turning up soon.
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
- 250 g unsalted butter - soft at room temperature
- 250 g icing sugar
- 250 g smooth peanut butter
- Put the butter (250g) and peanut butter (250g) into a large bowl and beat (by hand or using an electric mixer on a slow speed) until fully combined and soft.
- Add the icing sugar (250g) a tablespoon at a time and beat on a low speed until fully combined.
- Your buttercream is now ready to serve. If you find it's become a little soft then simply pop it into the fridge until it has firmed up a little.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
- Suitable for Vegetarians
The ingredients for this recipe are easily available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.