Fluffy, light american pancakes. Quick and easy to make and they taste delicious.
However, occasionally I like to make a little bit more of an effort and whip up a full(ish) English or this easy pancake recipe.
The advantage of the pancakes is that they are much lighter than a cooked breakfast (which serves more as brunch than breakfast) and they’re really quick to make, ready in just 10 minutes. They’re also made with ingredients I usually have in the house so I can decide to make them on a whim. I love them served with fresh fruit and drizzled with maple syrup.
I like to make my pancakes quite small and dainty, but you can make them bigger if that’s your preference. If you’re feeling more creative, you can also use this recipe for trying some pancake art. Take a look at my pancake recipes index to see how easy it is to do and to find some ideas. It’s also full of other pancake recipes for you to try.
To make these american pancakes, you’ll need the following equipment
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 250 ml Milk - I use skimmed but any is fine
- 2 Eggs
- Sift the self raising flour (200g) into a large bowl.
- Add the caster sugar (50g).
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs (2 eggs).
- Add the eggs and milk (250ml) into the flour and sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium heat and add the pancake mix.
- Cook until bubbles are starting to form on the top and then flip and cook for another minute until the pancakes are golden brown.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Sulphur Dioxide and Sulphite-Free
- Celery and Celeriac-Free
The ingredients for this recipe are commonly available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.
I’m sharing this recipe with #TastyTuesdays on Honest Mum.