Delicious milk chocolate brownies, topped with Peanut Butter Flavour Oreos and swirled with crunchy peanut butter.
Did you know that the Oreo is the world’s favourite biscuit? Every year 7.5 billion are eaten across the globe!Just take a moment to imagine 7.5 billion Oreos.I think we’re definitely in need of the drooling emoji right now.
To keep all of us cookie lovers happy Oero have launched a range of new flavours…
- Choc’o Brownie Flavour Oreo
- Mint Flavour Oreo
- Peanut Butter Flavour Oreo
- Strawberry Cheesecake Flavour Oreo
…and they challenged me to create a delicious recipe using one of them to share with you all.
The timing was perfect as I’ve recently been busy perfecting my chocolate brownie recipe. I knew that it would taste even better with a swirl of peanut butter and the extra crunch of some yummy Peanut Butter Flavour Oreos on the top.
They’re seriously a bit like a hug in brownie form, one of those foods that you need to shut your eyes and chew just that bit slower to really savour. For starters you’ve got chocolate brownie, which is soft and chewy in the middle and crisp on top. Then there’s the peanut butter which caramelises whilst it’s cooking, and finally the Oreos which add more peanut butter flavour and really good crunch – OH. SO. GOOD!!!
One word of warning, the Oreos can make it tricky to slice so think before you pop them on and try and put three pieces where each square of brownie is. You can see that I’ve avoided having any Oreo pieces overlapping in these ones. It makes life so much easier.
Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 250 g soft light brown sugar
- 9 Peanut Butter Flavour Oreos
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 170ºC/150ºC fan. Line a 20x30cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt your butter (200g) and milk chocolate (200g). I prefer to melt mine in a saucepan over a very low heat, stirring constantly to ensure that it doesn’t burn and the butter and chocolate combine. Alternatively you can also melt them in the microwave (about 1½-2 minutes) or using a bain marie. Once your butter and chocolate have melted pour them into a different bowl to cool. They must be fully cooled before they are added to the other ingredients.
- Whisk your eggs (3 medium eggs) until they are pale in colour. Add the soft light brown sugar (250g) and whisk until the eggs and butter are fully combined and have thickened (you’ll know they’re ready when you lift out the whisk and the drips leave a trail that takes a few moments to disappear).
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture (it must be cooled!) and fold it into the egg mixture taking care not to knock out the air.
- Sift your self-raising flour (100g) and cocoa powder (30g) into the mixture and fold everything together. Stop folding as soon as they are combined to avoid overmixing.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin, then use a teaspoon to put blobs of peanut butter onto the top of your brownie mixture. Use a knife or skewer to swirl it into the brownie mixture.
- Break your Oreos (9 Oreos) into pieces (about 3 each) and scatter them over the top (if you want to make your brownies easier to cut try and put them in the middle of where you think each brownie will be).
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until the edges of the brownie are just starting to come away from the sides of the tin.
- Remove your brownies from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Once cool remove them from the tin and cut them into 12 pieces (or 48 pieces if you’re making mini brownies). You can trim the edges if you want them a bit neater.
- Serve with a nice cup of tea or a glass of milk.
NotesHave you tried this recipe? Please leave a comment and rating at the bottom of the page to let others know what you thought.
Free From/Suitable For…
The ingredients I used to make this recipe are all free from the following allergens. However, please check any labels carefully for allergens you need to avoid as brands can vary and product recipes can change over time.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Tree Nut-Free (contains peanuts)
- Sulphur Dioxide & Sulphite-Free