Roasted new potatoes with rosemary and garlic – Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, really delicious and very simple to prepare.
Oh summer! where are you??? I know I live in North Wales so I should probably expect a bit of drizzle most days, bit it’s June and I want sunshine!
So in an effort to encourage the sunshine to appear I’m cooking summer foods. Unfortunately it’s actually chilly (I may have put the heating on for a bit again today!) and so I need to balance my desire for summer food with something warming. These roasted new potatoes make a great compromise, they’re new potatoes and therefore summery, but they’re roasted which equals warming in my opinion. However, if my sun dancing does the trick they’re also great served on the side of a more summery dinner such as chicken and salad and if you’ve any left over, they also make a delicious potato salad mixed with a little homemade mayonnaise or sour cream.
This recipe would come under the heading “chuck it all together and shove it in the oven”. It’s really, really simple to prepare. It takes about 30 minutes to cook, but it only needs a couple of minutes of your time so if you’re a busy sort of person then this is the perfect recipe for you.
If you’ve got some leftovers and the weather’s still feeling a bit chilly then these also reheat well. Simply heat your oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan and then pop the potatoes in for 5 minutes until they’re heated through. Don’t be tempted to microwave them as they’ll lose their crispiness and in my opinion they just don’t taste as good afterwards.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Join the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to hear about new recipes first.
Roasted New Potatoes with Rosemary & Garlic
- 750 g baby new potatoes - you can use larger new potatoes - but you will need to chop them smaller or increase the cooking time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A couple of sprigs of rosemary
- A few cloves of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan.
- If you have any larger potatoes, chop them so that they are all roughly equal in size.
- Place the potatoes in a large baking tray and toss the potatoes in the olive oil (1 tbsp).
- Season with salt.
- Smash the garlic (a few cloves) - No need to peel the garlic, it just needs to be smashed a little to release the flavour. I simply give them a couple of bashes with a rolling pin.
- Scatter the garlic and rosemary over the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender - It's a good idea to turn the potatoes halfway through the cooking time to help them cook evenly.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve.
The ingredients for this recipe are commonly available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Tree Nut-Free
- Sulphur Dioxide & Sulphite-Free
- Celery & Celeriac-Free
I’m sharing this recipe with #TastyTuesdays on Honest Mum.