These minted lamb burgers taste delicious and are quick and easy to make, perfect for a quick dinner or a summer barbecue.
One food I have a huge weakness for is minted lamb burgers. If I ever spot them on a menu when I’m eating out then they’ll almost always be what I’ll end up choosing. I’ve talked before, when I shared my recipe for spiced lamb burgers earlier this year, about why lamb mince is so perfect for burgers, and adding in plenty of fresh mint to the mix too makes something extra delicious – a classic flavour combination and one I just love.
To finish this burger I’ve topped it with some herb mayonnaise which adds a lovely extra freshness. I cheated a little by using some ready-made mayonnaise, but if you’d like to make your own to use you can find my recipe here.
Minted Lamb Burgers with Herb Mayonnaise
For the burgers
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
For the herb mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise - click the link for my homemade recipe
- 1 small handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 small handful fresh coriander
- 1 small handful fresh thyme - leaves only
- ¼ lemon - zest only
- 4 burger buns
- Salad - I used lettuce and red onion
Make the burgers
- Finely chop the mint leaves (a handful) and put them into a large bowl.
- Add the lamb mince (500g) and salt (¼ tsp) and mix with your hands until the mint leaves and salt are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into burgers. Make a little dent in the centre of each one (as the meat naturally puffs up as it cooks, so this will ensure that you end up with a flat burger).
Cook your burgers...
- In the oven pre-heated to 220ºC/200ºC fan for 12-14 minutes.
- Under the grill for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- In a frying pan for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- On the barbecue for 6-7 minutes on each side.
Make the herb mayonnaise
- While the burgers are cooking, make the herb mayonnaise.
- Put the mayonnaise (4 tbsp), herbs (a small handful of fresh mint leaves, a small handful of fresh coriander, the leaves from a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme) and the zest of ¼ of a lemon into a bowl.
- Blitz with a hand blender until the herbs are finely chopped and evenly distributed in the mayonnaise.
- Season with salt to taste.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
- Suitable for vegetarians
The ingredients for this recipe are easily available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.