Homemade potato wedges make a great alternative to chips. They’re easy to make and taste delicious.
I decided that I was being a little unfair to these poor potatoes, a bit of an “always the bridesmaid, never the bride” scenario. So I decided to fix the situation and make the potato wedges the star of this post.
There’s not a great deal to say about them. They’re extremely easy to make, simply cut up the potatoes, toss them in some olive, salt and bake.
Decent seasoning with salt is very important. Potatoes can be a little boring, the salt elevates them to something delicious.
How to cut potato wedges
I use baking potatoes to make my potato wedges as I like the size I get from them. From each baking potato I get 8 wedges. You can use smaller potatoes but you’ll get fewer wedges from each potato.
To cut a potato into wedges, slice the potato in half lengthways. Then cut each half in half again. Next angle the knife at 45 degrees and cut again.
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
- 700 g potatoes - I use baking potatoes
- Olive oil
- Heat your oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Place the wedges onto a baking tray and toss them in olive oil (I use about 2 tsp) and season with salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a fish slice (or similar) to turn them.
- Return them to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
The ingredients I used to make this recipe are all free from the following allergens. However, please check any labels carefully for allergens you need to avoid as brands can vary and product recipes can change over time.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Tree Nut-Free
- Sulphur Dioxide & Sulphite-Free