Start the day with these delicious, easy to make ricotta pancakes. They’re like a bit of cheesecake in a pancake and they just happen to be egg-free too.
Seeing as it’s pancake day next week I thought it would be very remiss of me not to share a pancake recipe. The question was what? I exhausted my selection of “regular” pancakes last year when I shared my Pancake Day Pancakes (the thin ones you smother in lemon juice and sugar) and American-style pancakes, as well as messing around with some farmyard animals and a pancakey Mickey Mouse.
This year I decided to make something a little different and settled on these yummy ricotta pancakes. They’re really delicious, with a hint of cheesecake about them, and they just happen to be egg-free so perfect for anyone avoiding egg to still join in next Tuesday (although these aren’t just for pancake day, they’re good all year round 🙂 ).
- 250 g ricotta
- 65 g plain flour
- 35 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and roll into balls. Pat the balls flat so that they're about 1cm thick.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat (I use a non-stick pan so don't use any oil, but if you don't have a non-stick pan you may want to use a little vegetable oil to stop the pancakes sticking). Once hot add the pancakes and cook for about 4 minutes until browned on one side .
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until browned and warm all the way through.
- Serve with fresh fruit and drizzled in maple syrup.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
More Pancake Recipe Ideas…
Free From/Suitable For…
- Suitable for Vegetarians
The ingredients for this recipe are easily available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.