It’s Pancake Day on Tuesday and I think I may have gone a bit pancake crazy this year. I’ve made Traditional Pancakes, American Pancakes, American Style Lemon and Raisin Pancakes and ones that look like Mickey Mouse.
I honestly wasn’t planning on sharing another pancake recipe, but I thought these farm animals were too cute not to share.
As always the artwork is a little rusty, but hopefully it’ll give you a bit of inspiration to have a go at home.
These pancakes use the same tried and tested method that I always use.
- Make the pancake batter.
- Heat the pan until it’s really hot and then turn off the heat.
- Draw the outline/detail of your pancake.
- Turn the heat back on and cook until it’s brown.
- Turn the heat off and add the filling.
- Turn the heat back on and cook until bubbles are appearing.
- Flip and finish cooking.
For a more detailed version of these instructions and the pancake batter recipe have a quick look at my New Year Pancake.
As with Mickey Mouse, I’ve made a little video of the pig and rabbit pancakes to show what I did.