Honey roasted carrots and parsnips with rosemary and thyme – easy to prepare and delicious to eat. The perfect accompaniment to your roast dinner.
Anyone reading my blog this week will have noticed a theme emerging. Now the summer has officially ended, I’m back in full roast dinner mode.
There’s another motive behind this new found desire to share everything roast dinner. I’ve entered into stealth Christmas mode. It’s that time when secretly everyone’s thinking about Christmas, but it’s a bit too early because you have to get Halloween out of the way first (or is it just me?).
I mentioned in my perfect roast potatoes post a couple of days ago that I’m not a huge fan of the Autumn and Winter. However, I’m a huge fan of Christmas. So, ever since Daniel started back at school and the evenings started getting darker, I’ve been thinking about Christmas.
I accept that it’s actually far too early to be sharing Christmas recipes, so I’m stealthily sharing them under the disguise of roast dinners. The great thing is that they’re just as perfect for your regular Sunday roast as they will be on the big day and by sharing them now it gives you the chance to try them out a few times before the big day comes!
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 medium parsnips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp runny honey
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan.
- Peal the carrots and parsnips and chop the larger ones lengthways into halves/quarters so that all pieces are about 1-2cm wide.
- Put the carrots and parsnips into a baking tray, ensuring that they all have a bit of space.
- Mix the olive oil (2 tsp) and honey (2 tsp) in a cup and brush over the carrots and parsnips. Lay over the sprigs of rosemary and thyme and season with salt.
- Put into the oven and roast for 35-45 minutes (until they're soft with a little bite). Give the tray a shake every now and again to help them cook evenly.
- Once they're cooked, they're ready to serve.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
The ingredients I used to make this recipe are all free from the following allergens. However, please check any labels carefully for allergens you need to avoid as brands can vary and product recipes can change over time.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Tree Nut-Free
- Sulphur Dioxide & Sulphite-Free