One-tray za’atar lamb – A delicious dinner made in one tray, with just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep. What could be simpler?
This week (1st-7th September 2017) is Love Lamb Week, a week to celebrate everything that’s great about lamb, and the perfect excuse to cook some up for dinner.
I quickly realised that when I cook dinner I like to use a lot of ingredients. So my first instinct was to cheat and create a lamb dish that used 5 ingredients but was then paired with lots of side dishes and garnishes for serving. However, I decided this was cheating so I got to work with creating something wonderfully simple, not only in the number of ingredients but also in how easy it is to cook.
I love pairing lamb with herbs and spices and one of my favourite mixes is za’atar, a Middle Eastern blend of sesame seeds, herbs and salt. It has a delicious earthy flavour and goes perfectly with lamb. Using a spice blend is great if you’re trying to keep things simple as it saves you having to buy all of the separate ingredients and mix them up yourself. If you’ve got some leftover, you could give my Za’atar Lamb Pittas a try for lunch the next day 🙂
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
One-Tray Za'atar Lamb
- 2 lamb steaks
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 handfuls of Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning
- Pre-heat your oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan.
- Chop your potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel your sprouts (if necessary, some come ready prepared) and chop the larger ones in half. Mix together the olive oil, za'atar seasoning (1 tbsp of each) and a pinch of salt.
- Place your potatoes into your tray and brush them with some of the za'atar mix. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the sprouts to the tray, brush then with some more of the za'atar mix and cook for a further 18 minutes.
- Finally add the lamb steaks to the tray, brush them with the remaining za'atar mix and cook for a further 12 minutes.
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.
Free From/Suitable For…
The ingredients for this recipe are easily available free from all these allergens. However, please ensure you double-check allergen information for all ingredients.